Wednesday, September 7, 2011

GroupWise and iPhone IMAP Server Not Responding Error

Recently an iPhone user with an IMAP account setup for GroupWise suddenly had their email stop working with an error message saying 'the mail server mail.domain.com is not responding'. Since no one else was having problems, the issue had to lie with their phone. I first verified their account settings. When that appeared ok, I removed the account and re-added it (this is IMAP so nothing would be lost). When that didn't work, I logged into their account and immediately saw the issue. They had moved their 'Mailbox' folder underneath another folder. For IMAP to work, the Mailbox folder must be at the root of the user's folder hierarchy. Moving it back immediately allowed IMAP to work. I've hit this before and am sure that will be the first thing I check from now on...

No comments:

Post a Comment