Sunday, September 25, 2011

Converting Fan Fiction Into Epubs

I am an avid reader. Most of the reading I do is in Science Fiction genre. Recently I revisited a great site called Fan Fiction ( http://www.fanfiction.net ). Everyday people that are fans of various shows write stories with their favorite characters in them and upload their stories to the Fan Fiction site for sharing with other fans. The area I really enjoy is the tv shows->crossover section. It reminds me of the What If? comic book series. With the stories, you can find out the answers to questions like 'What if Dr. Who met the SG-1 team from Stargate:SG-1?'. Excellent stuff.
You can read the articles online from the fanfiction.net site or if you have an ereader, do what I have started doing - download the stories as an epub file for an ereader. This makes it much easier to read on the road. To facilitate this, check out an excellent project hosted at http://fanfictionloader.appspot.com/ . Just place a link to your story and click the Download button. A short while later you will be able to download your epub from the same page. Excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment